Worked with a cross-functional team to explore consumer experience and champion design across the organization. The design team at Frito Lay works with marketing, innovation, insights, and R&D, as well as the culinary flavor kitchen to research and create innovative new products and holistic brand narratives. Design’s goal is to influence new ways of engaging consumers with brand, product, distribution, packaging and marketing innovation—as well as leverage design thinking—in pursuit of smart snacking, healthy choices and good fun.
Frito-Lay is the world’s largest manufacturer and distributor of snack foods and is a wholly owned subsidiary of PepsiCo.
Specific projects included:
- Brand Guides for sixteen national brands with company-wide curriculum roll-out plan
- Development and launch of Design Team intranet website
- Team facilitation with University of Toronto Rotman Designworks workshops
- Iconic Brands Presentation to Frito-Lay Global Leadership Team and Design Advisory Board
- Product development and innovation
- Research visualization support
- Solicitation and audit of potential design agency capabilities