Exploring the Mexican Restaurant Experience
- Explore inductive research to identify patterns and
themes in how authenticity is defined.
- Utilize interview, survey and visual analysis.
- Secondary resources to further define themes of authenticity.
- Visit different “Mexican” restaurants.
- Investigate third-party reviews (Urbanspoon and Yelp)
- Online Survey 105 Respondents (52 Male, 53 Female)
- Almost 90% have travelled outside of the US Only 1 in 4 have lived outside of the US
- A little over 5% speak Spanish fluently 2 in 3 eat out at least 5 times per month
- Almost 9 in 10 eat at a Mexican restaurant once per month
- Conduct research in other locations and regions with a larger number of restaurants, employees and customers
- Schedule interviews with restaurant managers ahead of time
- Provide gift certificates for customer feedback
- Revise online survey and field with a larger group of respondents
- Review each restaurant’s corporate/company culture Investigate cultural regional differences within Hispanic and Latino communities