Brand Strategy and Design
Lowe’s has been developing a new proprietary brand, allen+roth, to be used across several home fashion product categories: Bath hardware, coordinates, storage, vanities; Medicine cabinets and mirrors; Soft window; Area rugs; Bar stools; Pot racks; Lighting, indoor fountains
The brand positioning, logo and initial packaging inspiration have been developed: The brand positioning has been quali/quant tested with consumers, resonating best with Style consumers as a brand that “helps you create a home that’s a statement of you”
This project is focused on developing package and visual identity for the allen+roth brand that reflects and communicates the brand’s positioning and tagline, “a backdrop for living”
- allen+roth will live on-shelf in the better and best tiers alongside Style Selections, Designables and other proprietary brands.
The allen+roth brand has three overarching business objectives:
- Create packaging design and visual identity for the allen+roth brand that allows it to live in the better and best tiers and be understood by consumers as a lifestyle brand
- Drive incremental consumer purchase and revenue among Lowe’s Style segment
- Create a more enjoyable Lowe’s shopping experience by offering high-quality home fashion products currently not available at other warehouse/home improvement stores
- Lowe’s Brand team identified a gap in the Lowe’s proprietary brand portfolio in the “progressive contemporary” style in the better/best price tiers.
- The new progressive brand will serve as a counterpart to allen+roth and will be used on contemporary and eclectic product styles.
- While a contemporary aesthetic represents the style of only 20% of Lowe’s customers, there is increasing demand for contemporary designs in many home-fashion products, including bath hardware, fashion coordinates and rugs.
Progressive Brand Business Objectives
- Bring to life a progressive brand for Lowe’s product assortment via development of its positioning, brand name, logo and visual identity.
- Develop the brand to live at the better and best price tiers, yet flexible enough to cross multiple home-fashion categories.
- Complement allen+roth’s casual and traditional product style with contemporary and eclectic style.
- Fit with the overall Lowe’s brand positioning.