Redefining a Global Soda Brand
Along with a packaging redesign, this project focused upon redefining the Fresca Sparkling Citrus Flavored Soda brand as a unique, yet little know offering from Coca-Cola. Competitive analysis—paired with online consumer research—revealed socializing, travel and movies as primary leisure activities within the prospective target psychographic.
As a a delighting reward for life’s accomplishments, the redesigned package was supported by Italian nomenclature and advertising, capturing an exciting and fun aesthetic, with the appeal of global travel. More refined than soda/pop, yet not as mature as sparkling waters, the new Fresca is “Non la sua bevanda normale,” or not a normal beverage—available with or without caffeine, and with our without pure cane sugar.
The campaign focused on building brand awareness, trial and shelf presence.
- Competitive Audit
- Consumer Research
- Brand Building Foundation
- Brand Architecture
- Image and Character
- Initial Concepts
- Campaign Ideas
- Communication Plan
- Revised Concepts and Select Touch-points
Areas of Opportunity
- Evolution of Brand Identity and Brand Strategy
- Elevate Awareness and Market to Younger Consumer
- Leverage Unique History and Relationship with Coca-Cola
- Develop New Product Offerings and Flavors
- Partnership Brands and Co-branded Promotional Marketing
- Develop Strategies for New Markets, Regions and Retailers